Microsoft Power BI is continually evolving. We have added the following new lessons to address the new features that Power BI have added in recent months:
- Using the new Table and Matrix visualizations
- Creating Drill through between different sheets. For example you could be reviewing a list of Products and want to select one Product to view a summary of this product
- Themes - Learn how to add new Power BI Themes from the Community Theme Gallery
- Changes in Custom Visuals - We look at how to easily add Custom Visualizations from the new Microsoft Office Store
- Creating Apps - Learn how to easily share your dashboards and reports using Power BI apps and App workspaces
- Relative Date Filters - In this lesson we show how to easily create a dashboard displaying Microsoft stock data. Easily filter your data to display the last 7 days, last 14 days, last month or previous 3 months using relative date filters
- Quick Measures - Learn how to easily create and use Quick Measures. Calculate averages across categories or Year to Date totals on tables.
- Ribbon Chart - Learn to use the new Ribbon Chart to visualize the ranking of items across dates ranges or other categories.
Microsoft Power BI is the easiest to use reporting, data analysis and interactive dashboard tool available today! Microsoft Power BI is available for free - all you need to do is sign up!
In this course I will teach you how to easily turn your data into powerful intelligence and insight to drive your business decisions. Power BI uses powerful drag and drop capabilities that make it a breeze to create reports and dashboard. I will also show you how easy it is to publish your dashboards and to access them through your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
This course is for anybody who works with data and wants to learn how to quickly and easily get to speed with the cloud version of Power BI or learn the more powerful PowerBI Desktop Designer.
Create amazing reports and analyze data in minutes with Excel Pivot Tables. This course focuses on creating and understanding how to use Excel Pivot Tables to quickly analyze and understand your business data. Pivot Tables make it easy to compile management reports and generate new insight and intelligence from your data in minutes.
This Excel Business Intelligence training course is for all business users who are required to develop management reports, analyze data or ask ad-hoc questions of their data. McKinsey Consulting in a recent report entitled 'Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity' emphasizes that data skills will become the basis for competition, innovation, growth and productivity. The report also highlights the need for around 1.5 million managers in United States with data skills.
This course has over 25 video lectures that take you step by step through creating management reports and analyzing data with a couple of clicks of the mouse. The course is structured into 9 sections which takes you from creating simple management reports to sophisticated data analysis.
Learn techniques to easily aggregate your data, produce reports, understand trends, filter your data, create interactive reports and use sophisticated calculations.
So begin your journey today with Excel Business Intelligence.
- Create management reports in minutes
- Analyze business data effectively
- Learn to format Pivot Tables
- Calculate trends
- Calculate percentage contributions
- Create a range of calculations such as rankings and difference from
- Learn to create frequency analysis with Pivot Tables
- Use Slicers to analyze data in seconds
Excel 2013 is a game changer for any Excel user. Excel 2013 provides new technologies and tools for the business user to easily analyze data to create powerful reports and dashboards in a fraction of the time of traditional spreadsheets.
This course is for all business users who want to learn how to create management reports, analyze data and create interactive dashboards using Excel 2013.
In this course we learn the following:
- Cleaning up Data
- Merging Data
- Appending Data
- Grouping Data
- Loading data to PowerPivot
- Create relationships between Tables
- Manage millions of rows of data
- Custom Calculations, Key Metrics and KPIs
- Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables
- Analyzing Date data
- Creating Tables and Cards
- Visualizing data with Graphs
- Creating Interactive dashboards
- Filter and Ask Questions of your Data
- Powerful data analysis with ScatterPlots and BubblePlots
- Visualize Geographical data and maps
- Mapping Data with Power Map
- Changing the Method of Visualization
- Changing the Method of Aggregation
- Mapping Data over Time
- Creating Tours
This course will provide you with an easy to follow step by step approach to using the new Business Intelligence technology in Excel 2013.
In this course we are going to show you how to supercharge your Google Sheets into Interactive Dashboards and incredible reports. Google Data Studio works seamlessly with your Google Sheets data to create amazing data analysis in minutes.
Google Data Studio is an incredibly easy to use drag and drop tool that allows a multitude of different visualizations to be created in minutes. The addition of filtering tools produces stunning reports that will take your data analysis to the next level.
Google Data Studio is available for free to people with a Google or Gmail account. In addition reports and dashboards can be shared to any users whether they have a Google account or not.
In this course we are going to teach you the following:
- How to connect Data Studio to Google Sheets
- Learn how to calculate Averages, Highest values, Lowest Values and number of Unique Values
- Create Scorecards to display key metrics and KPIs
- Create powerful trend analysis graphs to help with forecasting
- Create Year to Date, Month to Date and Previous Month calculations with the click of a mouse button
- Learn to gain powerful analysis from Stacked Bar and 100% graphs
- Create powerful Time and Category filters to easily create interactive reports
- Learn to share your Reports and Dashboards with other users
Google Data Studio is truly an amazing product for creating insight and intelligence from your Google Sheets data.You will need a Google Account,Google Sheets and Google Data Studio.
Welcome to this course on Tables, Conditional Formatting and Excel formulas. This course is for all Excel users who want to take their Excel skills and capabilities to the next level.
This course will increase your productivity as you use tables, conditional formatting and formulas with ease in your Excel spreadsheets. The course is presented in an easy to follow step by step approach. The course also includes practical activities for the student to practice the skills that have been learnt in the course.
The course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the following:
- How to create and format Tables
- How to easily filter data in text, numeric and date fields
- Easily Sum, Average, Count and use Max and Min in your tables
- Use Slicers to easily filter Table data
- How to apply conditional formatting rules
- How to easily highlight the Top 10
- Learn to use Data Bars and Color Scales
- Learn to apply icons
- Learn SUMIF, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIF, AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIF and COUNTIFS
- Learn a range of Date formula such as Year, Month, WeekDay, NetWorkDays amd WorkDay
- Learn Text formulas such as LEFT, MID, RIGHT and TRIM
- Learn to use the IF formula to create powerful 'IF Then' logic
- Learn the HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP
This course is presented in Excel 2013. A minimum of Excel 2007 is required to be able to work with the Tables, Conditional Formatting and some of the formula functions.
The Complete Introduction to Business Data Analysis teaches you how to apply different methods of data analysis to turn your data into new insight and intelligence.
The ability to ask questions of your data is a powerful competitive advantage, resulting in new income streams, better decision making and improved productivity. A recent McKinsey Consulting report has identified that data analysis is one of the most important skills required in the American economy at the current time.
This course focuses on the following different methods of analysis. During the course you will understand why the form of analysis is important and also provide examples of using the analysis using Excel 2013.
The following methods of analysis are included:
- Comparison Analysis
- Trend Analysis
- Ranking Analysis
- Interactive Dashboards
- Contribution Analysis
- Variance Analysis
- Pareto Analysis
- Frequency Analysis
The Complete Introduction to Business Data Analysis is designed for all business professionals who want to take their ability to turn data into information to the next level. If you are an Excel user then you will want to learn the easy to use techniques that are taught in this course.
This course is presented using Excel 2013. Excel 2010 can be used for the majority of the training exercises. Small parts of the course do use Excel Power Pivot and Power View. Please note that this course does not include any complicated formulas, VBA or macros. The course utilizes drag and drop techniques to create the majority of the different data analysis techniques.
Power Pivot has been described as the most important new feature in Excel in 20 years. Power Pivot has been developed by Microsoft to help companies analyze and understand the growing quantities of data that are created on a daily basis.
Power Pivot will improve your time to create reports, develop data analysis and gain insight into your your data by at least 80%.
- Create relationships between tables of data without Vlookups
- Create powerful Key Metric and Key Performance Indicator calculations
- Manage and work with data models of millions of records of data
- Create powerful new dashboards and reports
Power Pivot is a free Add-in for Excel 2010 and is called the Data Model in Excel 2013 that provides capabilities to handle large quantities of data. PowerPivot is a columnar database that is capable of storing and manipulating hundreds of millions rows of data. PowerPivot brings new capabilities to business users to analyse, explore and gain new insight into business and marketing data. PowerPivot has been referred to as the most important feature for Excel in 20 years.
Power Pivot makes it easy to setup relationships between tables of data in the same way as databases and therefore does not require the use of Excel functions such as Vlookup. PowerPivot therefore decreases the time substantially to analyse and gain new insight from business and marketing data.
Power Pivot allows the rapid development of powerful PivotTables and PivotCharts in Excel utilising the latest Slicer technology to easily analyse and view data from multiple different perspectives. PowerPivot also adds a new Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) formula language that provides new and powerful calculations and insight to the business user.
This course is for all Excel users who wish to learn how to create powerful interactive dashboards using Pivot Charts and Pivot Tables. This course will teach you to turn your Excel data into powerful tables, graphs and dashboards.
In this course you will learn to create three different dashboards.
The first dashboard will focus on Sales information creating key metrics, trends, top 10 analysis and a percentage contribution.
The second dashboard will focus on Human Resource data and display key metrics, number of employees by age, number of employees by years of service and gender profile.
The third dashboard focuses on financial information and allows the user to understand the variance of the Profit from previous months and how much it has changed from month to month. In addition techniques and tools such as sparklines, data bars, trendlines and slicers are also included.
This course is very important for all Excel users who are required to develop management reporting or to perform data analysis and wish to gain insight and intelligence from their data.
The course is designed to take you through step by step to create the interactive dashboards using simple drag and drop techniques. This course does not include any custom programming or macros. All the dashboards and techniques can be followed by any Excel user who understands the basic principles of Excel.
An introductory knowledge of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts will assist you in the course. However you can follow the step by step instructions if you do not have an in-depth knowledge of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts. Please note that you will require Excel 2010 or 2013 for this course. The course is presented using Excel 2013.
If you are a Google Analytics user you will know how much data can be provided to you. However it is not always easy to access this data and make sense of it within Google Analytics. In this course Ian Littlejohn will show you how to easily create your own custom Google Data Studio reports and dashboards that will make it easy to understand your Google Analytics data.
Google Data Studio is Google's latest report and dashboard creation tool. Using a drag and drop interface reports can be created and running in minutes. Google Data Studio also makes it incredibly easy to share your reports with other users.
In this course we will show you how to easily create the following:
Connect to the Google Analytics data source
Understand the Google Data Studio interface
Create Scorecards displaying key information such as Sessions and Users
Create Time Series / Trend graphs displaying how Sessions and Users changes over time
How to setup different filters for your data
Display information using column, bar and pie charts
Create effective maps and geographical analysis
Create powerful interactive dashboards
This course is for anybody who wants to effectively analyze and understand their Google Analytics data.