This course is specifically for participants to measure their knowledge and skills on making the appropriate job role decisions around implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
This course is designed for ETL and Data Warehouse Developers who most likely focus on hands-on work creating business intelligence (BI) solutions, including data cleansing, Extract Transform Load (ETL), and Data Warehouse implementation. Primary responsibilities may include:
- Mastering data using Master Data Services
- Cleansing data using Data Quality Services
- ETL Package development for data loading/transfer/transformation
- Data Synchronization
- One-time data or application migration
- Ad-hoc data manipulations, transformations
- Scheduling ETL jobs
- Managing, configuring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
This training course on implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 prepares participants for the Microsoft Exam 70-463.
This course will provide all the skills and knowledge for the following areas:
- Designing and implementing dimensions
- Designing and implementing fact tables
- Defining connection managers
- Designing and implementing data flow
- Managing SSIS package execution
- Implementing script tasks in SSIS
- Designing and implementing control flow
- Implementing package logic using SSIS variables and parameters
- Implementing data load options
- Implementing script components in SSIS
- Troubleshooting data integration issues
- Installing and maintaining SSIS components
- Implementing auditing, logging, and event handling
- Deploying SSIS solutions
- Configuring SSIS security settings
- Installing and maintaining Data Quality Services
- Implementing master data management solutions
- Creating a data quality project to clean data
This training course was created specifically for those individuals (Database Professionals) who install, maintain and configure as their primary job function. Any participants setting up database systems and/or responsible for efficient system operation, regular database back ups stored effectively, and securing data from unauthorised access is also a candidate for this training course on SQL 2012.
Below is a partial list of job functions associated to this training course:
- Audit SQL Server instances
- Back up databases
- Configure additional SQL Server components, Instances and Services
- Deploying a SQL Server
- Implementing strategies, columnstores and High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Install SQL Server and related services.
- Management, configuration, permissions, alerts, logins and roles.
- Installation Planning
The SQL 2012 Administering Databases course prepares you for the Microsoft Exam 70-462 - As the participant in the SQL 2012 Adminstering course will learn:
- Installation Planning
- Installing SQL Server and related services
- Implementation of a migration strategy
- How to configure additional SQL Server components
- Managing the SQL Server Agent
- Database management and configuration
- How to configure SQL Server instances
- Implementing a SQL Server clustered instance
- SQL Server instances management
- How to properly Identify and resolve concurrency problems
- The collection of and how to analyze troubleshooting data
- Auditing SQL Server instances
- Configure and maintain a back up strategy
- Database restoration
- Implementing and maintaining indexes
- Importing and exporting data
- Managing logins and server roles
- Managing database permissions
- Managing users and database roles
- Troubleshooting security
- Implementing AlwaysOn, database mirroring and replication
This course is intended for SQL Server database administrators, implementers, system engineers, and developers. This new SQL 2012 course is focused on anyone interested in the validation of your skills and knowledge with writing queries.
This course provides the knowledge and understanding for some of these important job functions:
- Apply built-in scalar functions
- Apply ranking functions
- Combine datasets
- Creates and alters
- Design T-SQL stored procedures, views
- Implementing aggregate queries, error handling, sequence generation and data types
- Manage transactions
- Modify data by using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE statements
- Optimizing queries
- Query data using SELECT statements and Managing XML data
- OUTPUT clause to return data
This learning course provides the knowledge for the 70-461 Exam on Queries on Microsoft SQL Server 2012:
- Create Database Objects
- Create and alter tables using T-SQL syntax (simple statements).
- Create and alter views (simple statements).
- Design views.
- Create and modify constraints (simple statements).
- Create and alter DML triggers.
- Work with Data
- Query data by using SELECT statements.
- Implement sub-queries.
- Implement data types.
- Implement aggregate queries.
- Query and manage XML data.
- Modify Data
- Create and alter stored procedures (simple statements).
- Modify data by using INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
- Combine datasets.
- Work with functions.
- Troubleshoot & Optimize
- Optimize queries.
- Manage transactions.
- Evaluate the use of row-based operations vs. set-based operations.
- Implement error handling.
We create the highest quality course curriculum possible, ensuring you receive the training and knowledge needed to succeed.
MySQL is one of the most famous systems whose primary role is managing databases.The main goal of this course is the acquaintance with the basic concepts of databases.The acquired knowledge will enable you to practically use MySQL servers. Through the lessons, you’ll get a general picture regarding SQL language syntaxes as well as the advanced functionalities of servers. This is an open code system which means it’s available to everyone that wishes to use it and modify it according to their own specific needs. Apart from the fact this system enables you to manage your daily tasks quickly and efficiently, gaining skills and experience in MySQL will also provide you with a chance at building a successful and lucratively rewarding IT career. This course also prepares you for ORACLE certification, which can only further improve your chance at landing a great job.
What are the requirements?
No prior experience required
Knowing a some programming language would be helpful
What am I going to get from this course?
Apply for jobs as MySQL developers
After this course, students will be ready for ORACLE exam: Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator
If you're new to web development, MySQL is the most popular database technology out there. This free technology is used to create the majority of database dependent websites (which most are).
This course will start at the very beginning, with lessons on what MySQL is and how it works, to installing MySQL, then moving on to all the basic skills you'll need to use MySQL in the real world. You will also learn the popular new MySQLi framework. MySQLi is the next generation of MySQL, and if you know this now you will be ahead of the competition for a long time to come.
This course also includes two real life projects. After you've gained an understanding of how MySQL works, you'll learn how this technology is used on real websites.
The course teaches MySQLi, a way to connect to databases within PHP. It covers connecting to the database, and using all the features required to build fast, scalable applications that use a database connection. It covers essential concepts like security, and best practices with using the data retrieved from the database.
Benefits of MySQLi
- An object-oriented interface
- Support for prepared statements
- Support for multiple statements
- Support for transactions
- Enhanced debugging support
- Embedded server support
A knowledge of PHP and MySQL is recommended for this course.
Certification Exam Information
This certification exam is to verify that you have mastered the concepts covered in our Fundamentals of MySQL course.