Bash Scripting and Shell Programming
Learn how to write bash scripts like a pro & solve real-world problems!
In this course you will be able to create bash scripts with ease. You'll learn how to take tedious and repetitious tasks and turn them into programs that will save you time and simplify your life on Linux, Unix, or MAC systems.
Here is what you will get and learn by taking this Bash Scripting course:
- A step-by-step process of writing bash shell scripts that solve real-world problems.
- The #1 thing you must do every time you create a bash script.
- How to quickly find and fix the most common shell scripting errors.
- For those of you who want to start programming right away, watch the two video shell scripting crash course. If you do nothing else than watch these two videos you'll be ahead of most bash programmers.
- How to accept input from a user and then make decisions on that input.
- How to accept and process command line arguments.
- What special variables are available, how to use them in your shell scripts, and when to do so.
- A shell script creation check list -- You'll never have to guess what to include in each of your shell scripts again. Just use this simple check list.
- A shell script template (boilerplate). Use this format for each of your shell scripts. It shows exactly what to include and where everything goes. Eliminate guesswork!
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- Real-world examples of shell scripts from my personal collection.
- A download that contains the scripts used in the presentations and lessons. You'll be able to look at and experiment with everything you're learning.